We are here to help you collect your money. call us today
Is there a statute of limitations on executing my judgment?

Yes. Your state law sets a limit on how long a judgment is enforceable, called a Statute of Limitations. This period is usually from 5 to 20 years starting on the date your judgment was awarded. Some states provide a means of renewing your judgment for an additional period of time.

Does interest accrue on my judgment?
Usually, yes. Most judgments include a provision for the payment of interest from the day it was awarded. The actual interest rate and calculation process varies from state to state. With interest, your judgment could be worth significantly more than the day it was awarded.

Why shouldn't I use an attorney to enforce my judgment?
You can, if you are willing to put down an up-front retainer fee and pay the attorney $100 or more per hour, whether or not they are able to recover anything at all. When we enforce the judgment, we pay you and there are no up-front costs.

How about using a collection service?
A collection service may contact the debtor and irritate him to death! They may even place a black mark on his credit report. But, they rarely collect! And with the passage of the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) a debtor has the right to just tell a third-party debt collector to cease all communications.

How will you determine the value of my judgment?
We will conduct a preliminary investigation, at our expense, to determine the judgment debtor's ability to pay. After the purchase we will have the legal right to fully investigate the judgment debtor, and in accordance with the laws of your state, proceed with our enforcement efforts. Only after our full investigation can we actually determine thetrue value of the judgment.

How long before I will actually see results?
It all depends on the difficulty in locating the judgment debtor and uncovering assets. Some debtors are pretty adept at hiding their assets. They often appear to live without any 'normal' means of support. We will try our best to get results in the first few weeks but it could take months in a difficult case.

I have a judgment awarded in one state against a debtor who resides in another state. Can that judgment be enforced?
In most cases, yes. Especially if the judgment debtor answered your complaint or made an appearance in court. If the judgment debtor didn't appear, the judgment is called a default judgment which is considered a weaker judgment. Each of us have the right to confront our accusers and to defend against legal claims. So, if the debtor is able to show the court that he was not properly notified, or served in the wrong capacity, he can file a motion asking the court to set aside the judgment. Overcoming this hurdle can be one of the most difficult in any enforcement effort. Especially when done across state lines.

How does all this work?
First, we complete an agreement detailing the specifics of the purchase of your judgment. If acceptable, you will then assign the judgment to us making us the assignee of record. Once we have filed the assignment documents with the court we will have the legal right to investigate the judgment debtor and proceed with the process of enforcement. You will receive your money based on the agreement we have reached.

I'm sold! What is my next step?

Just complete the short online application. We will contact you and send the necessary documents for your signature. On return of the signed documents we will immediately initiate enforcement of the judgment.

Still have questions? Please click here to contact us or call us today.
 [email protected]  or mobile 240-533-8146

                                                                 © Copyright 2013 Court Judgment Enforcement  . All rights reserved
Disclaimer: The content of this website should not be construed as legal advice. The owners of this website cannot provide legal advice regarding the enforcement of judicial judgments. It is recommended that you seek professional legal counsel before entering into any agreement that you do not fully understand. All information sent to us through this website is done so on a non-confidential basis and does not create an attorney-client relationship